Male genitals can be affected by trauma, infection, inflammation and internal pathology. Every year urologists will find the means and drugs and methods to treat all these troubles. Men should pay attention to the hygiene of their genitals, and pay attention to whether there is deviation in the appearance and function of the penis. Sometimes, the obvious manifestation of infection is epidermal lumps of various colors. A papilloma on the penis indicates that you must see a specialist urologist and prevent complications that can lead to cancer of the reproductive organs. How to diagnose the virus, which symptoms should be monitored, and most importantly how to get rid of papilloma on the penis-you will learn all of this in this article.
Types and routes of infection
The papillomavirus on the penis appears as a result of infection through sexual intercourse or through family contact (the use of personal hygiene products in combination with an infection vector). The WHO has created a classification from which it can be found that papillomaviruses are represented by 5 genera and 27 infection types. Such a magnificent scale is impressive. Papillomas look like leather fungi on the legs, through which they can attach to the genitals. In the photo, you can see what this wart looks like. This infection may occur:
- The head of the penis.
They grow on the penis and are a precursor to cancerous melanoma. Therefore, if a papilloma is detected, a urologist must be contacted for treatment immediately, and the infection process is expected to stop in a very short time. How does genital warts appear? Microcracks and injuries can promote this condition, and microcracks and injuries are not protected during intercourse. However, don't assume that condoms will be preserved under all circumstances, because the virus is spread through kissing and oral genital caress. A man or a woman may only be a carrier of the virus, without even suspecting the cause of it, because they have never observed any manifestations of leather seals on their bodies.
If you do not protect your genitals from surface damage, going to saunas, bathtubs, swimming pools and public steam baths will also become very extreme. As mentioned earlier, the papilloma on the glans penis indicates that the infection has entered a serious stage, and there is a risk of turning the seal into a melanoma.
The main symptoms
In each case, the incubation period for the development of infection is individual. On average, according to the urologist’s guarantee, it takes about one month to a year to notice that the penis becomes hard. Papilloma usually occurs:
- In the area of the head of the penis;
- Urethra and urethral opening;
- On the foreskin.
After a while, if there is no quick response from people, the size of the tumor will start to increase, and the boundaries between them will disappear. The entire reproductive organs are affected. What does a papilloma on the penis look like-we found, but besides the obvious growth on the penis, what are the symptoms of the infection?
- Pain during rest and during intercourse. In high-end situations, even underwear does not feel good, especially synthetic and tight underwear.
- Problems with urination, especially if the papilloma spreads directly to the head of the penis.
- Burning and itching accompanied by piercing during sexual intercourse.
Papilloma itself can cause inflammation to spread to any tissue and membrane of the penis. First, the growth itself changes the color (initially it approaches the natural color of the skin and starts to turn red due to inflammation, that is, it stands out against the general background). Secondly, because the inflammatory process is taking place, the temperature rises. Third, the affected area is constantly hurting when resting or when the penis is irritated. Don't forget that the risk of malignant tumors will increase.
- Phimosis occurs (the head of the penis is not open) due to papilloma.
- If there is no proper examination (when the treatment of papilloma on the genitals has not started due to negligence of health), the disease will enter an advanced stage.
- The smegma will begin to accumulate on the edges of the foreskin.
- In addition, there is an interaction between secretions and this smegma, which leads to chronic inflammation of the skin and bacterial infection to penetrate into the reproductive organs.
- Erosion occurs.
- Subsequently, it degenerates into penile cancer.
The doctor will tell you how to treat infectious warts. There are several ways today. Naturally, the papilloma must be removed, but first you must make a high-quality diagnosis and check the growth.
Diagnosis and removal of papilloma on the penis
Papilloma virus can be diagnosed by visual inspection of the penis and laboratory tests. In fact, in order to prescribe a surgical procedure, it is necessary to determine:
- Growth obstructs the urethra.
- Not only during sexual intercourse, but also when the affected area is rubbed against the underwear, it will bring obvious discomfort.
- The tumor itself does not respond to treatment with a new generation of antiviral drugs.
- Inflammation of the papilloma on the head of the penis.
You can use the following techniques to treat papilloma on the genitals:
The complex is prescribed drugs to support and strengthen the immune system, tablets and ointments to prevent the spread of the virus on the skin of the genitals, and vitamin supplements (only used in combination with antiviral gels and creams).
Exposure to special chemicals
Use a special applicator to apply the medicine to the affected area. It is necessary to avoid substance contact with the healthy area of the penis. The substance is toxic to the cells affected by the disease, but the side effects are also minimal-scars remain on the burning part of the papilloma. In order to fully recover, it may take about 7 to 8 steps, and the number of operations required is determined by the doctor.
If it affects not only the penis, but also the testicles and scrotum, use this method. They act on tumors in liquid nitrogen without scarring and require less treatment than podophyllotoxin.
The effect of laser on seals
This process must be performed by highly qualified experts. The laser that removes dirt can damage uninfected skin. The seal can be removed in the first step, but it must be kept in mind that wounds and scars are still there.
Naturally, sexual intercourse is forbidden during treatment to avoid contracting another type of infection. These areas must also heal, and only doctors who observe the progression and healing of the disease can begin sexual activity.
We told how to remove the papilloma on the penis. Still need to add some regular preventive suggestions:
- The doctor advises to be careful when having sexual intercourse. Ordinary condoms can save you from subsequent torture and treatment. Don't forget that carriers of papillomavirus may even be unaware of its existence in the human body and will never observe the development of genital growth.
- Avoid wearing tight underwear.
- Do not use other people's towels, underwear and personal hygiene products. Even razors may become a source of diseases that enter the body through micro incisions.