To get rid of painless but very unsightly warts, some people turn to various alternative medicines. But do they know how dangerous it is to self-remove such tumors? This article will tell you the most effective way to remove warts and papillomas in medical institutions.
Papilloma virus is the cause of warts in the body
Warts are one of the most common benign skin growths that many people have to deal with. They are usually painless and do not cause any harm. However, these tumors look so unattractive that they cause a perfectly reasonable desire to remove them.
Warts can come in different sizes-a few millimeters and a few centimeters. The causative agent of the disease is human papillomavirus, which is spread through contact with patients and the use of common household items (doorknobs, towels, combs). Since the source is a virus, only by defeating it in the body can it be completely cured. Today we will talk about eliminating the external manifestations of disease. The incubation period of the disease may exceed 1 month; it is difficult to determine when the infection occurred. In addition, the virus carriers themselves may not have obvious signs of illness. In addition to the appearance of warts, the virus can also cause other types of skin deformation-papilloma and condyloma acuminatum. Children aged 9-15 are more susceptible to this virus.
There are several types of warts:
- simple.A widely distributed species that accounts for about 80% of all skin growth. These are round, hard, painless, rough, gray and yellow warts that can be positioned one at a time or in entire clusters. The most common place for them to appear is the hands, and they rarely appear on the scalp.
- flat.A rare species, mainly seen in children. They are very small, nodules of various shapes up to three millimeters long, and hardly protrude from the skin surface. It most often appears on the face, hands, and oral mucosa.
- Sole.Observed in people of all ages. These are painful warts in the form of dense structures with keratinized surfaces. Their appearance is caused by wearing uncomfortable shoes. These warts are the most difficult to diagnose because they are difficult to distinguish from calluses and other diseases that affect the soles of the feet.
- Filamentous.There are small brown warts on the legs. Mostly located on the neck, eyelids and armpits.
Use medication to treat warts and papillomas
To remove warts, it is recommended to contact a medical institution where you can get qualified help.
The treatment process starts with the examination. The investigation includes:
- Vision check;
- Molecular biology examination;
The traditional treatment method is to completely remove the wart or destroy the structure of the tumor with the help of drugs or mechanical action. The treatment drugs are selected by specialists according to the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
Using alternative medicines to remove warts at home is not a safe procedure and has the following risks:
- Burns or scars on the skin due to improper operation;
- The risk of disease spread;
- Possibility of wound infection;
- Turn warts into cancerous tumors.
Therefore, it is best to use the medicine recommended by the specialist to treat warts.
The pharmacy network has many effective drugs to get rid of papilloma and warts. When using the drug, you should strictly follow the instructions for use. However, everyone's body is individualized, so doctors should choose the most suitable medicine for warts.
Ways to remove warts
The most effective way to remove skin growths is to remove them. Considering the type of wart and the area of its location, doctors use the following methods:
- Electrocoagulation.The effect of high-frequency current on the tumor surface. Warts are removed under local anesthesia using a medical device called a coagulator, which removes the surrounding tissue while treating it.
- Low temperature destruction.Use liquid nitrogen-with the help of an applicator, treat the problem area with liquid nitrogen to freeze it and trigger the destruction of damaged cells.
- Laser Treatment.The use of lasers to remove warts is achieved by the coagulation or evaporation of skin cells. The procedure does not cause pain and, if performed by an experienced expert, it will not leave marks on the treated skin.
- Surgery to remove the warts.It is used when the warts become large clusters. The operation is performed using local anesthesia.
- Chemical removal.This is a method of destroying warts with drugs based on acids and bases. Such drugs are sold in the pharmacy network without a prescription, which means that treatment can be carried out independently, but a doctor must be consulted in advance. During the treatment process, you should treat the warts carefully so as not to affect nearby tissues.
However, if you decide to treat at home and use one or another wart treatment, you must first see a doctor to make a correct diagnosis. The treatment by yourself must be done under the advice of experts.